On Christmas Eve

An army of mini gingerbread men all packed up and ready for a special delivery.  Eight hundred and fifty of them to be precise.

We have picked and chopped around 13kgs of apricots off my little tree.   Happily this became a family affair, thanks Mum!

My first tomatoes have been picked and put straight onto pizzas.

I have been experimenting with drying apricots in our wood oven.

Sourdough baguettes have been cooked in the wood oven to share with family and friends on Christmas Day.  Perhaps they will be topped with some smoked salmon, one of my favourite Christmas treats.

Thank you all for calling into my blog this year.  There has been times when your generous comments have almost made me cry with joy and gratitude.

Happy Christmas, however you chose to celebrate the occasion.

Jane x

Fiona

December 24, 2014

A very merry Christmas to you Jane.
    May 2015 be filled with joy and wonder.
    And rain!

December 27, 2014

Thank you Fiona…rain would be lovely wouldn't it? x

Anonymous

December 24, 2014

beautiful jane .. that's the Christmas spirit!! did you use the Vacola for the apricots ? ♪♫ Merry Christmas♪♫♫ to you and your family too and happy baking in 2015 …. Ewe Beauty

December 27, 2014

Thank you Trish. I haven't quite got my head around the Vacola yet, but I will! x

frogpondfarm

December 24, 2014

You are amazing Jane! What a lovely Christmas post. Wishing you and your family a very special Christmas and all the best for 2015! 🙂

Thank you Julie, all the best for 2015 to you! x

Judy Cinerari

December 24, 2014

I was in the middle of making shortbread today when my husband walked in with a huge load of apricots from our tree. Now we have 10 jars of jam to go with the shortbread for family tomorrow.

December 27, 2014

I love homemade gifts Judy, thank you for calling in!

Sophie Isobel

December 24, 2014

Oh it all looks so gorgeous! What an amazing army of gingerbread men. And what a wonderful apricot harvest! Thank you for sharing your beautiful and inspiring world Jane. I can't wait to catch up in the new year. Much love Sophie xx

December 27, 2014

Thank you Sophie…a trip to your part of the world is on the horizon, I will be in touch x

Anonymous

December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas to you and your family and happy New Year 2015 😀 ~Ewa from Poland

December 27, 2014

Thank you Ewa, I love hearing from you!

Cheryl

December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!
    I'm glad I recently found your blog, it's beautiful, and brings joy to many!

December 27, 2014

Thank you so much Cheryl, that is very kind.

celia

December 24, 2014

Happy Christmas most lovely Jane! Blessings of the season to you and your gorgeous family! Every visit to your blog is like a breath of fresh country air and a chance to sit down and enjoy a virtual cuppa with an old friend…thank you xx

December 27, 2014

Oh thank you Celia…you are a special blog friend x

Chookyblue......

December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas……always enjoy visiting to see what your cooking…….. Looking forward to 2015

Chantille Fleur

December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas Jane! I hope you and your family are having a great day so far.
    All I can say about those Gingerbread men is WOW. That's a heap to do and they all look so good!
    Fresh tomato is so so good on Pizza, isn't it?
    I'm making sourdough today, to be baked tomorrow, and I've also got a yeasted olive oil bread rising away on the bench to make bacon and shallot scrolls to have with dinner tonight…yum!

Sarah xx

December 27, 2014

Oh your baking sounds wonderful Sarah…thank you for being such a lovely blog friend x

Amber Rhodes

December 25, 2014

Hi Jane, have just found your blog due to Country Style magazine, which I am reading now, in bed late on Christmas night! Great article! I jumped on straight away to check out your blog as I have one myself and love to find fellow Australian bloggers. Merry Christmas!

December 27, 2014

Thanks so much Amber, my internet is running very slowly at present. When I get some more speed I will call into you blog.

almostitalian

December 26, 2014

I am so impressed with your efforts Jane. the 850 ginger bread men and those beautiful wood fired bread sticks- wow, I feel exhausted. So beautful.

December 27, 2014

Thank you Francesca, you are kind!

katiecrackernuts

December 27, 2014

It all looks, and I bet, smells delicious. I hope Christmas was a 'tasty' affair. Have a wonderful new year.

December 29, 2014

It was tasty thank you Katie!

Kate @ Kate Writes

December 29, 2014

Everything looks so good Jane! How did the dried apricots turn out? I hope you had a Christmas full of cheer xx

January 4, 2015

The apricots are good Kate…not perfectly orange or particularly sweet like store bought dried apricots but still tasty x

Jacana

December 30, 2014

Been just a little busy I see. Amazing. Wishing you all the best for 2015

January 4, 2015

Thanks for calling in Jacana, Happy New Year to you.